Thursday, July 26, 2007

What's On YOUR Desk?

As Peabody from Culinary Concoctions By Peabody, Elle from Feeding My Enthusiasms, and Mary from The Sour Dough have done, I am posting a non-food related blog entry today. We can't always post about food, because... well, we're human! So, I've decided to show you my view at work. What's on MY desk, you wonder? Well, my dear, it can get a little complicated.


As you can see, I'm a complete mess! Well, maybe not a COMPLETE mess, but I like to refer to it as "organized chaos" (could I sound more Virgo?). Anyways, I've got my computer, naturally, with a background of a pony laying down eating cake. Nice. I've also got FOUR speakers (one is offscreen to the left). That's how you can tell I'm a true lover of muzak. Actually, only two of them are plugged into my iPod, the other two are plugged into my computer so that I can hear my e-mail notification while I'm filing. I've also got two postcards from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, one for each time we went there on vacation. You can't really tell, but I have a teeny tiny Zen garden on the computer stand below the monitor. I use it when I'm stressed, I like to draw little swirlies in the sand with the rake, and get really irritated when people mess with it. Oddly enough, I only have one picture of me and my husband, and it's about the size of my palm. I should really take more photos of us.


Turning left from my computer is this view. I love how organized my step-file is!! And only one of those Beanie Babies is mine, the other two were left there by the girl that sat next to me. It feels weird having them stare at me all day. I call my inbox "The Bottomless Pit" because there is never a time where there is nothing in it. I've also got the obligatory Far Side Comics day calendar. I accidentally ripped off two days' worth this morning, so you're seeing tomorrow's comic. All the pictures of the babies are my neices and nephews. People always ask me if they're my kids, but I just point to the one of my dog and say, "That's my kid." That's actually the "clean" side of my desk, believe it or not. I actually get to change my name plate from YN3 Mehgan Solbach, to YN2 Mehgan Solbach because I'll be getting advanced a pay grade on Wednesday, August 1st (yay!! *happy dance*). I haven't gotten advanced in 2 1/2 years, so it'll feel good (the pay increase helps it to feel even better!!).

Looking at the other desks make me realize that my desk is so teeny!! In comparison, I've got about half of what everybody else has got. Oh well, that's military life for ya!

~Mehgan~

1 comment:

Elle said...

Meghan, I didn't realize that you had posted about your desk, too. Neat post!Your desk may be smaller, but it sure is neater than mine. Congrats on the pay grade advancement!