Saturday, July 14, 2007

Gotta Love Friday




After a hectic day back at work, we decided it would be fun to pick up some teriyaki and head to the Drive-In. We loaded up the bed of the truck with a futon mattress, lots of pillows and blankets and caught a double-feature of "Live Free Or Die Hard" and "1408". Die Hard was good, what I expected, lots of manly-man stuff and things blowing up with Justin Long providing a nice comic relief. I wanted so badly to stay awake for 1408, especially since I read the book, but it was already midnight when it started and I was so tired. From what I did catch, though, it looked really spooky.



I took the night off cooking, so I decided to snapshot what we ate. My favorite Drive-In provisions: shrimp yakisoba (two star) and a Diet Coke. I realize that two chopsticks sticking up in a bowl of rice signifies death, but these were noodles and I was just about to take my first bite, so I figured it would be ok.

And we packed these snacks for dessert during the second feature. Monster (for energy to keep me awake, even though I still ended up dozing off a half dozen times), Starburst and Skittles (for the husband, since I can't eat them due to my braces), Red Vines (my favorite), and Reese's Pieces... because they're just so cool.


That's all for now, folks! See you next time!

~Mehgan~

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That Lo-Carb Monster drink is really sour but I liked it a lot. my husband buys his energy drinks in bulk from Costco monthly but they don't sell that one anymore! And Reese's pieces...yum.

I live in Ferndale, myself! :) Nice to "meet" you. :)