Clockwise from top left: Pure Mexican Vanilla (which I cannot wait to use!); VOSS Norwegian Water (I had read about this in a magazine, and just had to get some... just for the bottle alone!); two small hand-painted jars bought at a marketplace in Bucerias, Nayarit; Manzana Lift soda (I had some once back in 1999, and can't find it anywhere in the US, so I snuck 6 bottles of it back with me in my luggage); Mexican wedding cookies (they're crunchy and hollow, not like the soft dense ones found in the States); my sunglasses, lol, I just put those in there for fun; a plateful of smuggled baked goods that I couldn't resist taking with me on the plane; and Champagne sugar treats that are usually intended to be eaten with a nice dessert wine or with champagne, but I nibble on them for something sweet (they're also those french fry looking things on the plate of baked stuff). Here's a closer, albeit blurrier, shot of the goodies plate:
And, thanks to Joelen at Joelen's Culinary Adventures, Jennifer at ...and the eggs, and Glenna at A Fridge Full of Food, I've been tagged! Which means I have been "ordered" to post 8 random facts about myself. Here are the MeMe rules:
"Each player starts with seven random facts or habits about himself or herself. A tagged player then writes a blog entry with the eight things, as well as these rules. Then the player tags eight others and lists their names on his or her blog. Remember to leave a comment for your newly tagged players, letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog!"
I'm not sure I know 8 other bloggers who haven't already participated in this, but I'm going to give it my best shot. So, with that being said, here are my random facts:
1. I have never been to Europe. As obsessed with it as I am, I still have not been there. I'm planning on going to Scotland in May of 2008, so that'll be really fun. Another thing checked off my list.
2. While I am part of a sea-going service, I have a huge fear of deep water that I can't see or feel the bottom. Lakes freak me out. Angry oceans terrify me. I'm more of a calm-waters kind of girl. That famous photo of the man in the lighthouse with waves crashing around him makes my blood run cold.
3. I have a stepsister I have never met. My dad got remarried last year, and I have still not met her. It actually only recently dawned on me that I actually have a stepsister, I never even thought about it!
4. I bought a digital camera recently, because I thought my current one was broken, when all it really needed was new batteries. I had just kept shoving dead batteries in it, and so when it didn't work, I just thought it was broken. Oh well, now I have an extra one in case one of them actually does break.
5. I am utterly obsessed with designer denim. I live in my 7 For All Mankind and Citizens of Humanity jeans. My Rock & Republics I have dubbed my "ass saviors".
6. I teach color guard at a local high school. Now, it's not the military kind, it's the kind that performs to music while tossing and spinning flags, rifles and sabres. I started it when I was 11 with the intention of becoming a great instructor (like the one I had), and this year I started instructing. It's one of the most wonderful gifts, watching a new kid learn how to spin.
7. I watch entirely too many movies. I watch one almost every night, if not two or more. The same goes for Friends, Sex and the City, Prison Break, LOST, Oz, Jeopardy and The Sopranos. I could kick ass on The World Series of Pop Culture.
8. My younger brother Brad is living with me now. He just turned 18, is 6'5" tall and weighs 145 lbs. It is my mission to put some weight on that boy before he ships off to Navy boot camp in 3 months! I've also started teaching him how to cook (my rule is: if I'm in the kitchen, so is he), and tonight I taught him how to make beef stew from scratch. No more of this canned food crap he's used to eating, he's going to eat REAL FOOD!
And here are my fellow foodies that I've tagged for this event:
They're all wonderful in they're own ways. Check out their blogs, if not for the tasty recipes, but for the food photos alone! Thanks for dropping by everyone!
P.S. This is how I would look if I lived in Springfield with The Simpsons. I decided to post it in honor of the new movie: